I really donno where to start, its kinda confusing/funny to compare java with other languages.
But im sure you gotta know some cool stuff around there hidden from you all the time.
Lets look at C, R, Python, PHP, Erlang,.
C : its the fastest, secure, lightweight, efficient programing language known to man after assembly language. C can handle any request in three ways like no other programming language. Those are by
- OS Interrupts.
- ROM/BIOS Interrupts.
- Communicating directly with hardware.
For decades newbies who became professional programmers misunderstood and underestimated C because of these features. We just learn if, for, switch, while, array, function, trees programming concepts by C and cheat ourselves that we learnt C. In fact C is like Sea, where ever you see is water but huge miracles, mysteries in the bottom.
They dont want you to have in-depth knowledge of programming (VDU, µp, DMA Controller, Network I/O, Peripheral I/O, Kernel,.. what not? ) in computer by learning C. Almost every software you see has been programmed in C/C++ (Most of it or partially). With C you can attain maximum performance, memory efficiency, security,..
We have been told that C is low level, not secured because of pointers, machine dependent, need to write lot of code to do simple things and so on.
- Low level language mean its very near to hardware. That means there is no need of any other joker to run it like JVM/JRE.
- Pointers: Yeah good point, with out pointers no computer will run. What? yeah true! without using pointers everything is blind. Then how our windows/linux, ms-office, browsers, notepad, dos-prompt, calculator, computer games, databases, most importantly Java and VB.Net programs,.. are working? Because of using pointers under the hood.
Alchemy: is a technique of turning any metal into gold.This technique lost in the past because there will be no king and god if every one have gold and the society will be like Russia once it was without religion so god and king with heavy growth in technologically, socially, ethically.
Like that no one want you to know pointers, instead live in a lie that pointer is evil.
- Machine dependent, yeah its proud to be machine dependent instead of depending on jokers and buffoons to run semi compiled programs. Machine dependency makes C program faster because there is no doubt in executing instructions as its compiled for the very specific platform. I have never heard of software changing entire hardware platform every month.
R : Its being widely used by top 100 companies for statistical analysis of data and to build graphs.
Python : Python is really flexible clean, dynamic,.. its the dream of every programmer. You can lean python in a week an start programming. Most of google and its services is on python. Python is really good at text processing, scientific calculations,..
PHP : There will be no single web developer who never heard of PHP and its awesome performance. Its simple, fast, lightweight and so on. Yahoo, Facebook, Wikipedia, WordPress Digg, Flickr, Sourceforge, etc,.
Erlang : Its needless to say about erlang having great software implementing it.
- CouchDB, a document based database that uses MapReduce
- ejabberd, an Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) instant messaging server (Facebook Chat system, based on ejabberd)
- GitHub egitd, a replacement for stock git-daemon that ships with Git
- Membase, database management system optimized for storing data behind interactive web applications.
- RabbitMQ, an implementation of Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
- SimpleDB, a distributed database that is part of Amazon Web Services
- Twitterfall, a service to view trends and patterns from Twitter
- Wings 3D, a 3D modeller
- Riak, a distributed database
First learn C then Python and PHP to know where you are and what you are doing. See and learn Linux Kernel, Git.
Lets see java, It has been started as an idea of running program on every platform by removing execution header and implementing JRE. Its very good till now. Now bad things started happening, people told “its a secure programming language by stripping pointers” to promote Java and kids who know nothing started believing. Removing pointers is disabling a programming language. Thus make java capabilities subset of C.
After java came out of Sun, they started thinking how to do everything with java and that changed java’s fate and masked our path towards practical knowledge.
Spring, Hybernet, Applet, JSP, Java Server Faces, Swing, AWT, Beans, Struts, Servelets, J2ME, JavaFX, and so on. All this nonsense piled up in java since 1.0.
Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Flash are among the most targeted software for security exploits. In 2010, targeting of Java security exploits increased significantly, resulting in Java becoming far more targeted than Acrobat or Flash. This targeting appears to be tied to high numbers of computers with Java installed and the high percentage of computers that have not been updated with Java security updates.
Any application developed in native language (machine dependent) is 10x faster than java. We need small programs with tiny memory footprint to work on handheld devices, so look around into better technologies developed for specific purpose those are faster, feature rich, brilliant, best of their kind.